Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Assignment 1- Digital Logo Illustration


Assignment Description:
Using Adobe Illustrator, create a detailed digital drawing to illustrate one of the accompanying articles.

Brief/Task:
Choose one of the three accompanying texts and create a digital drawing to illustrate it:
TIME magazine – grasshopper
HARPERS magazine – bulldozer
SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN – tomorrow’s car

Unfortunately even though I'd had several tutorials with Illustrator, I still wasn't too familiar of the ins and outs of it, so it meant I needed to go through the tutorials afew more times.

Here is my final line drawing of the object I had chosen, which was a bulldozer.

Critque:
In all honesty, I feel like I need to personally develop this logo as it if more of a characterized version of the object rather than a logo and I need to work a bit more with the gradient tool and not as much with the pen tool in order to give the image more depth, as it is quite flat in comparison to what it could be given a bit more work with these tools.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ian - got your email and I've posted the link to your blog on Moodle - remember- keep posts reasonably short so the blog becomes a useful resource and not a tedious exercise - use a range of sources over an extended period of time. Owen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the feedback Owen.
    I'll keep that in mind whilst posting the next few.
    -Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks realy cool, looks like something strait out of a pulp fiction comic or watchmen graphic novel, quite pop arty too which I think the gradient tool would take away from that, i likes.

    ReplyDelete